home / Zelda: Majora´s Mask / items
(you are here)
Nintendo 64 - 2000
I Walkthrough I Enemies
I Items I Codes
& Secrets I Mysteries I
Melodies I Screenshots
I Videos I Music
I Downloads I Information
I Official Art I Stuff
get the Masks
How to get
How to get the Heart Pieces
June 28, 2000
The name of the masks are not
accurate since we don´t know how they will be called in
the american version of the game
The first day, at 10:00am follow Aristocrat Ingo to the Mayor's
Office and wait until he speaks with the Rich Fat Lady. After
he leaves go talk to her. She will give you the mask.
Goto the Hotel on the first day, and wait until between 1:00
pm and 2:00 pm for the Running Post Man to get inside. Put on
the Blue haired Boy's Mask and talk to the Hotel Receptionist.
Then return to the Hotel after 11:00 pm using the Deku Mask.
Wait in the kitchen until after 12:00 pm and talk to the Hotel
Receptionist to get a letter. Go and mail the letter in the box
outside, and wait until the Running Post Man picks it up the
next day. Follow him to the house of the Blue haired Boy, and
go inside.Talk to the Blue haired Boy and he will give you a
pendant. Give the pendant to the Hotel Receptionist in the Hotel.
The 3rd day go back to the Blue haired Boy's house several times
until the man there gives you the Keaton mask, and a love letter.
Post man Mask
Take the love letter mentioned above and wait for the Running
Post man to get to the post office on the same 3rd day.
Give him the gift and follow him to the Bar until he delivers
the love letter. Go outside and talk to the Running Post man
and he will give you this mask.
After you get the Running Post man Mask there is one more mask
to get (Don't go back in Time yet and don't stop the thief, at
least this time!). You must have gotten the keaton mask this
time and you need be able to ride Epona. At the east side of
the map you can find the Blue haired Boy hiding between some
rocks. Talk to him and then go to hide too, because the thief
will appear and enter a secret cave. Don't let him see you!!!.
Follow him, and help the Blue haired Boy get the sun mask by
solving the puzzles as fast as you can. Go back to the Hotel.
Enter the first door upstairs, then wait for the last minute
to get this mask
Stop the thief at 0:00 on day 1 (where the Kid of the balloon
is playing). Then you will be able to buy this mask from the
Trader Shop, (first door at the stairs) on the 3rd day. It´s
worth 500 rupees.
Stop the thief at 0:00 on day 1 (where the Kid of the balloon
is playing). In reward the Old Woman will give it to you.
Use the Lens of Truth in the graveyad (check map#14). You will see an injured soldier. Give
him some medicine and you will get this mask.
As normal Link go get the lone flying fairy found in the Town
at night (or the one near the Blue haired Boy's house in the
morning of the 1st day) and go to the Great Fairy fountain. The
Great Fairy will give you this mask.
You get it when you return to the Happy Mask man on day 1 after
you recover the Ocarina.
Talk to the Gramophon Man in the Town at night. He is found near
the Blue haired Boy's house, the second day.
Go to Malon sister´s Ranch (check map#3) and walk all the path along until you reach a
shed with chickens painted on the walls. Get inside and you will
find the Sad Guy. Use the Cucoo Mask to round up the chicks.
Collect them all (10) and they will turn into Cucoos. The Sad
Guy will give you the Bunny Hood.
Give the meat found in the Goron Village (check map#12) to the Goron with a frog on the head.
He will give you this mask that will allow you to speak with
Chase the Deku Prime Minister through the maze after you have
rescued the Deku princess. With the Pig Mask you will be able
to smell mushrooms.
Use the Lens of Truth outside the cave where you got them. Follow
the Goron Ghost. Climb up the wall and talk to him in the cave.
Play the Song of Healing (The Song of the Happy Mask Man). He
will give you this mask.
Complete the poe sidequests on the Malon sisters Ranch on the
first and second days. With this mask you will be able to get
into the bar at night.
Play the songs, on the stage of the Bar, to the Egg-like man.
Find and destroy the first 30 golden skulltulas.
Help the ill Zora at the beach by playing the Healing song.
Play the Healing song for the guy dancing on the ice structures
outside of the Town.
Play the Healing song for the mummy in the closet of the musical
house (In the place filled with Mummies - we are going to explain
how to get there in the walkthrough!!!)
You will need to beat the milk-selling Ingo in a horse race with
Destroy the big skeleton in the graveyard. Now open the chest
on the roof. That's it!
This mask is in a room just before you fight the boss in dungeon
Link (Adult Link Mask)
Before the final battle you will need to have all the mini dungeons
completed. You will also need to have all the other masks!
Pictures from ONI-LINK: The adult version of Link in Majora's
July 3, 2000
guys and girls, today we are going to see how to get those important
items that will help you in your quest to save the world. Only
at: Hyrule: The Land of Zelda - The Authentic Zelda site, the
authentic Zelda source.
- To get the Notebook (that keeps track of the characters actions
and therefore helps you in your quest) you must get into the
sewer that leads to the observatory. Inside, go left and you
will find a secret room. Blow the wall with a bomb and you will
get 100 rupees. Get out of the sewers and the same Kid will give
you the Notebook!
Bow - To
get the bow you must beat the first mini-boss in the first dungeon.
- Defeat the first mini-boss in the Goron cave (check
- Defeat the mini-boss in the dungeon at the bay (check
- Defeat the mini-boss in the dungeon at the rocks (check
- Used by child Link. It has a chain that grabs onto certain
objects. You find it in the Gerudo fortress (check
of Truth - Follow the
Owl's feathers in the Goron village and you will get these. See
which walls are real and which are fake. You can also see things
that are invisible to your eyes. Using this item consumes magic.
Tear - Go to the observatory.
Look through the telescope and aim at the top of Clock Tower.
A cinema sequence will show a metheor falling from the moon.
This metheor is the Moon Tear. Go outside of the observatory
and pick it up.
Camera - The witch (Kotake) will give this
to you after you save her and go back to her hut, not the potion
map - Give the Moon Tear
to the Deku trader next to Clock Tower and he will give you this
map. Or buy it from the Cartographer (The floating elf that draws
- Give the Yellow map to the Deku trader next to the potion hut
and he will give you this map. Or buy it from the Cartographer
(The floating elf that draws maps)
bottle - fills your magic
meter. There are small or big magic bottles.
stick - works as a weapon
or as a torch. Defeat the Deku-babas to get them or buy them
- Used to paralyse enemies for a short period of time.
Bombchu - Pick up a bombchu and set it at your
feet. It will start running by itself. It even climbs walls!
Bomb - Damage enemies or blow up walls with
this item. Bombs explode approximately 4 seconds after you pick
Bomb - A mega-bomb used
Sword - Link's classic
weapon. In this adventure he already has it at the beginning.
bladed Sword - Link's
upgrade to his regular sword. It's more powerful!
Shield - Link's new
Shield. In this adventure he already has it at the beginning.
- Found in most rivers, ponds or lakes. You will need a bottle
to catch them.
- Can be found in caves, under rocks, at the town, inside the
Hotel and who knows how many other places!.
Frog Eggs - Found in places like the Fortress of the Pirates
- Defeat a big poe to get one. Search in the graveyard or cave
with mummies (check map:#14).
Small Poe - Defeat a small poe to get one.
- Open the Goron games (or races) at the Goron Village (check
map:#12) and buy it for 100 rupees.
(money upgrade) - Give the
banker 200 rupees at once and he will upgrade your capacity of
Big Money Bag - Kill 30 Golden Skulltulas in the 2nd Golden
Skulltulas game. You will get the Big Money Bag and you will
be able to carry 500 rupees!!!
Bombs Bag - Will upgrade your capacity of carring bombs.
You can buy it on the bombs store in front of the bank.
Magic Beans - You have two different ways of getting them:
From the Deku in Koume's hut (check map:#5) or the monster in
the hole under the Deku Maze.
Mirror Shield - The mummies will give it to you.
Green Potion - Refils your magic meter. You can buy it at several
- Recovers your health at
full. You can buy it at several shops.
Blue Potion - Recovers your health and magic. Give the mushrooms
to the potion-selling witch (Koume), or buy it from the Deku
- Brings you back to life
or recovers your full health.
Shadowy Milk - It will give you unlimited magic for a long
time. Buy for 200 rupees late at night in the Milk Bar (You'll
need the Cow mask).
- Get them out off the ground in the marsh areas. You will need
the Pig Mask.
- Recovers your health. Buy it for 50 rupees from the Ingo twins
at their ranch
October 15, 2000
Special thanks to KyleShi
and SockerBon for their help!
1. Get the Moon's Tear-Drop from the Observatory, and give it
to the Deku
Merchant in front of the Clock Tower. Launch up to the Heart
Piece on the
2. Take the Brown Land Owner Paper you get from trading with
the Deku Merchant
above to the Deku Merchant in the swamp, next to the Camera Hut
Link. Launch up to the roof to get it.
3. Take the Yellow Land Owner Paper to the Deku Merchant outside
of the Goron
Village as Deku Link. Launch up to the ledge to score a Heart
4. Take the Blue Land Owner Paper to the Deku Merchant in the
Zora Hole as
Goron Link. Launch to the bookshelf to get it.
5. Take the Red Land Owner Paper to the Deku Merchant in Ekhana
as Zora Link.
Launch across the river to get it.
6. In the north area of Clock Town, climb the small wood block
next to the
slide. Jump from there to the pillar and then to the slide. From
jump across two more pillars to reach the tree where the Heart
7. Take a picture of the Deku Scrub King, and give it to the
man in the Camera
8. In a hole in the Deku Scrub Kingdom mazes.
9. In the sewer area of the Gerudo Lagoon. Hit the switch, and
roll down to
the gate before it closes.
10. In the second map of Great Bay, kill the Like Like at the
bottom of the
11. Climb a tree at the beginning of the swamp area.
12. Score over 2180 points on the second day in the shooting
gallery in the
13. Beat Odolwa, and go back to the witch in the Camera Hut.
Talk to her to
start a shooting mini-game, and shoot the target 30 times to
15. Use the "Kamaro Mask," and dance in front of the
twin girls on the left
side of town at night.
16. In the rope bridge area of Death Mountain, you need to beat
Goato and dive
down as Zora Link to get it.
17. In the Ekhana Graveyard, tell the Stalchildren to break down
the grave on
the second night. Beat the Iron Knuckle and all the Keese (invisible)
18. Outside Milk Road, walk around the tall weeds to find a hidden
the Peahat inside to get it.
19. In a hole in front of Death Mountain, kill the Dodongos inside
to make it
20. In a hole outside of the Great Bay, you need to shoot all
down, and kill the Mecha-Deku Babas.
21.+22. Talk to Anjyu's Grandma with the "Mask of Staying
Up Late" on, and
tell her to read a story (first or second choice). After the
story she will
ask you a question with two choices. Answer it right to get a
Heart Piece. Ask
her to read the other story, and answer the other choice. You
will get another
23. In Zora Hole, you need to help the Japas practice. See Chapter
24. Race the Beaver Bros. a second time in the same day to get
a Heart Piece.
25. Put on the "Postman Cap" and check all the mailboxes
in Clock Town. One
has a Heart Piece.
26. In a hole outside the observatory, you can buy a Heart Piece
rupees at 3:00 AM on the second day from a Deku Scrub.
27. Wear the "Mask of the Wedded Couple" and go to
the Mayor's Office. Talk to
everyone to receive a Heart Piece.
28.-31. In the Moon before fighting Majora's Mask. Explained
better in a later
32. Talk to the 5 frogs with the "Ribbit Mask" found
in the Swamp, Death
Mountain, Clock Town, and the 1st and 3rd dungeons.
33. Go to the Post Office after the mailman has finished his
rounds, and talk
to him. Stop the clock at 10:00 sec. to receive another Heart
34. In the same area as the first dungeon, you need to launch
over to it.
35. In the Skulltulla House at the Great Bay, you need to shoot
masks in a certain order.
36. Take a close-up picture of a Gerudo Pirate, and give it to
the person in
the house next to the Skulltulla House in Great Bay. Catch the
Fish in a bottle, and go to the eel crater. Kill all the eels,
and find the
rest of the Dragon Fish. Let the one you have go next to them.
37. Give 5000 rupees to the banker in Clock Town.
38. In Ekhana, you need to find a Poe Hunter. Kill 4 Poes in
3:00 min. to win.
39. In the Samurai Gym next to the Post Office, choose the second
Leap Slash all the targets to win.
40. In Romany Farm, win more than 150 rupees at a time by betting
on the dog
41. Launch over to the hole next to the Fairy Fountain in Clock
Town, and win
the mini-game once per day to win.
42. Go to the game shop on the east side of Clock Town. Win the
games each day to win.
43. After beating Gryorg, find a boat in the middle of the Great
Bay. Use it
to Hookshot to an island, and win the mini-game there at night.
44. Go to the Marine Lab in the Great Bay, and go to the small
tank on your
right when you enter. Drop 6 small fish in there, and eventually,
one of the
bigger fish will eat the other one, and spit out a Heart Piece.
45. Go to the ledge above the Gerudo Lagoon, and Hookshot up
the ledges. When
you reach a ledge with a Magic Bean planting hole, plant one,
and let it take
you to another ledge. Play the Scarecrow's Song there and Hookshot
scarecrow when he appears. The Heart Piece is in the cave there.
46. Take any of the Land Owner Papers, and take it to the NabeKama
Inn on the
first or second day at 0:00 AM to the first door on the left,
Give the paper to the hand that comes out of the hole to get
47. Get a perfect game in the shooting gallery in Clock Town
after getting the
Big Inkhorn to get another Heart Piece.
48. Go to the building shaped like a chest in Clock Town, and
play the game as
Normal, Deku, Goron, and Zora Link to get another Heart Piece.
50. In Termina Field, there are four holes with four different
Stones in each one. Play the "Goron Lullaby" in each
hole as Goron Link (I
think) to get a Heart Piece.
51. Go to the area of Death Mountain right before the Snowhead
and search the left side of the area (coming from the dungeon)
for a bunch of
invisible platforms with the Lens of Truth. Jump across, and
when you reach
the last one, play the Scarecrow's Song and Hookshot the rest
of the way.
52. Wear the Keaton's Mask, and go find the bushes that move
when you pick it
up on Milk Road, and make them all move by picking one up. If
you have the
Keaton Mask on, you can talk to the Keaton that appears, and
she'll ask you 5
questions. Use trial and error to get them all right, and she
will give you a
53. Warp to Ekhana Valley, and jump into the river from the Owl
Zora Link, and go against the current to a small cave. Go behind
waterfall, and shoot a Light Arrow at the Sun Elbelm. You will
be in an arrow
that branches off to small rooms, where you will have to fight
Triplets, Wizrobe, Big Eye, and Ghost of Garo. Basically, the
guarded the 4 arrows in the dungeons. Each door has a limit though,
to have a certain amount of hearts to enter. Count the hearts
above the doors
to see how many you need to get in. If you have 16 hearts, you
should be able
to enter them all. Beat all the mini-bosses to get another Heart
54. On the roof of Ekhana Ruins, you need to hit the crystal
switch to make
the fire go out around the pillar, the launch to it as Deku Link.
More coming soon...